Welcome To Moffett and Associates, LLC
Moffett and Associates, LLC – Company Profile
Moffett and Associates, LLC registered with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions in July 2002; and was licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing as a Private Detective Agency (License #16371-062) in March 2004.
Moffett and Associates, LLC is a Wisconsin based law enforcement consulting group who provides consulting services for police chief recruitment and selection, pre-employment background investigations, organizational and management studies, and hiring & promotional assessment centers.
Consultant Profile – Edward E. Moffett
Edward E. Moffett is the owner/manager of Moffett and Associates, LLC. Moffett has worked in the Wisconsin law enforcement community for 35 years; having served as a Dean & Associate Dean of Criminal Justice at Fox Valley Technical College; Chief of Police, Verona, Wisconsin; and Patrol Sergeant and Officer in Platteville, Wisconsin.
Moffett has served as an independent contractor (consultant) with the following organizations:
- Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Wisconsin managing command & executive level assessment centers, coordinating specialized command & supervisory level training, and consulting on management studies and audits;
- Criminal Justice Associates, Inc., Appleton, WI as an operational audit and management study consultant;
- US Investigation Services, LLC, Annandale, PA through the authority of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, with responsibility for researching and completing background investigations for Applicants seeking federal employment; and
- Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., Fairfax, VA serving as an on-site assessor for accreditation compliance in various police agencies across the country.
Moffett has a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration. Moffett is currently licensed as a Private Detective through the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing (License #10857-063).
Consultant Profile – Robert W. Roberts
Robert W. Roberts is an independent contractor and consultant to Moffett and Associates. As a Senior Consultant Mr. Roberts has 30 years’ experience serving in the capacities of Police Officer, Special Agent, Police Chief, Dean, Federal Relations Director, Grants and Research Program Specialist and University Professor. Mr. Roberts is Senior Project Specialist for Grants and Research and is faculty in the Criminal Justice Department at the University of Wisconsin, Platteville having over 13 years of experience working with grants and funding projects totaling over 147 million dollars.
Mr. Roberts’ teaching and research includes expertise in the following areas: comparative criminal justice systems, police administration, curriculum development, research methods and analytical design, crime prevention, sex offender management, state and federal funding sources, organizational management audits, executive coaching, crime on the internet and police community relations. Mr. Roberts has a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and a Master’s of Science in Education from Capella University.
During the last 15 years Professor Roberts has served as a consultant in approximately 50 law enforcement jurisdictions focusing on:
- Organizational gap analysis impact studies;
- Consolidation feasibility and community impact evaluations;
- Chief executive recruitment and development;
- Program analysis and system development; and
- Hiring, coaching and managing public employees.
The Consultant’s combined Wisconsin police chief experience totals 43 years, serving the City of Verona, City of Milton, Village of Iron River, Village of Waunakee, and Village of East Troy.
The listing below illustrates the law enforcement consulting experience Consultant’s Moffett and Roberts can offer the municipal client.
Executive Recruitment & Selection Processes
- Village of Lake Delton
- City of Whitewater
- City of Milton (2011)
- Village of Darien
- City of Milton (2008)
- City of Manawa
- Town of Iron River
- Village of Waunakee
Executive Pre-Employment Background Investigations
- City of Whitewater
- City of Milton
- Village of McFarland (Police Chief)
- Village of McFarland (EMS Director)
- Village of Darien
- City of Beaver Dam
- City of Lodi
- City of Columbus
- City of Adams
- City of Neenah
- City of Omro
- City of Two Rivers
- City of Waupaca
- City of Shawano
- City of Tomahawk
Executive, Managerial & Supervisory Assessment Centers
- Village of McFarland Police Chief
- City of Monroe Police Captain
- City of Waupaca Police Lieutenant
- City of Shawano Police Chief & Captain
- County of Outagamie Sheriff’s Office Captain
- City of Middleton Police Sergeant
- County of Shawano Sheriff’s Office Captain
- Village of Grafton Police Chief
- Village of Butler Police Chief
- Village of Hartland Police Chief
- City of Berlin Police Chief
- Village of Germantown Police Chief
- City of Burlington Police Chief
- Village of Kohler Police Chief
- City of Port Washington Police Chief
- City of Two Rivers Police Chief
Management and Operational Study/Audits
- Village of Lake Delton (Police Study)
- County of Pierce (Criminal Justice Needs Study)
- Village of Allouez (Police Study)
- Village of Allouez (Clerical Organizational Study)
- City of Whitewater Police Department
- City of Milton Police Department
- City of Manitowoc Police Department
- City of Stoughton Police Department
- Village of East Troy Police Department
- Village of Wrightstown Police Department
- Village of Cambria Police Department